VIDIZMO Service Specifications
Service specifications may vary for each installation based on choice of technologies.
VIDIZMO Shared Cloud products use Microsoft Azure Cloud and Azure Media Services to offer highly scalable Cloud service. VIDIZMO products support all leading streaming video formats and require minimum system specifications for both viewers and various administrative roles to ensure a smooth user experience.
Since VIDIZMO also runs in Customer’s Microsoft Azure, any other Cloud or On-Premises, the following service specifications may vary for each installation based on choice of technologies.
All operating systems running IE, Firefox, Chrome browsers including Windows, MAC, Unix, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry are supported
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Microsoft Edge 13.11099 or above
- Mozilla Firefox 39.0 or above
- Google Chrome 51.0.2704 or above
- Safari 9 or above
- All mobile browsers supporting HTML5 video tag and H264 (MPEG-4 AVC)
Multicast Broadcast Playback
- Requires Multicast Player
Bandwidth, Network, Content Caching and Multicast
Network connectivity with 500+ Kbps per viewer is recommended at a minimum to stream video without buffering. Check your network speed and firewalls if you are facing difficulty in signing in, viewing or uploading files. Users in a slow or congested network environment may experience problems during playback. If the problem persists, please ask your Business /Enterprise IT to work with VIDIZMO Team for content caching , acceleration solution specific to your business needs. VIDIZMO Professional services team can work with your IT Team to install and configure VIDIZMO Edge Caching Software or Multicast streaming servers at various locations inside your firewall to reduce bandwidth congestion within you company’s internal network. VIDIZMO products uses industry’s leading public and enterprise content delivery networks (CDN) such as Microsoft Azure (Cloud), Azure Media Services, Limelight, Akamai, CISCO ACNS, CISCO WAAS, P2P Software CDN and content caching hardware such as Blue Coat & Riverbed to overcome network congestions and bottlenecks commonly faced by today’s medium to large businesses.
VIDIZMO is best suited for screen resolutions of 1024 x 768 or higher.
Live Video Streaming
VIDIZMO supports RTMP, HLS, Windows Media, Microsoft Smooth Streaming for Live Streaming. This allows a live stream to be viewable on all devices and varying bandwidth conditions. VIDIZMO uses Windows Media for Multicast broadcasting.
A User requires Windows/MAC Computer or an Encoding Hardware to capture, encode and push live video stream in the Cloud. Please see below for details about computer or encoding hardware requirement:
Windows / MAC Installed with:
- Dual core 2.0GHz CPU, 2G RAM recommended for single Standard Definition (480p) streaming at 1Mbps (higher performance CPU supports higher frame rates and resolutions)
- Internal Webcam or External Camera
- Optional External Video Input Device
- Optional External VGA Input Device
- Optional Cellular Modem for cellular wireless
- Internet Access for Streaming/Publishing with required bandwidth to push video stream
- Video Capture & Encoding Software such as Telestream Wirecast (Windows/MAC) with ability to push stream for at least one or more of following formats: RTMP, HLS, Windows Media, Microsoft Smooth Streaming
Encoder Hardware such as:
- Digital Rapids
- Any hardware with required video input and ability to publish one or more of following formats: RTMP, HLS, Windows Media, Microsoft Smooth Streaming
Please contact VIDIZMO helpdesk if you need assistance in first time setup of your live streaming environment.
Supported File Formats
The following types of files are currently supported by all VIDIZMO Products.
Generally we accept all video files (.mov, .mp4, .m4v, .m2v, .avi, .mpg, .flv, .wmv, .mkv, .webm, .ogv, .mxf, .asf, .vob, .mts). All uploaded videos are encoded into multiple pre-configured formats and resolutions to allow playback on various devices, browsers and bandwidth conditions. A Typical 1080p uploaded video will be encoded into 1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p, 240p in MPEG4, HLS , WebM and Microsoft Smooth Streaming formats to ensure playback on all devices, browsers in all bandwidth conditions. Following is a more detailed chart of video formats accepted by various VIDIZMO Products.
Recommended Video Codecs
Unsupported Video Codecs
|.mp4||MPEG-4||H264/AVC (all profiles), H.265/HEVC||–|
|.mov .qt||Apple QuickTime||H264/AVC, Apple ProRes422 & HQ, Sony XDCAM, Sony DVCAM, HDV, Panasonic DVCPro, Apple DV (DV25), Apple PhotoJPEG, Sorenson, Avid DNxHD, Avid AVR||Apple Intermediate, Apple Animation|
|.flv .f4v||Adobe Flash||H264/AVC, Flix VP6, H263, Sorenson||SWF (vector animation files)|
|.wmv .asf||Windows Media 9||WMV3 (v9), WMV2 (v8), WMV1 (v7), GoToMeeting (G2M2, G2M3, G2M4)||Microsoft Screen (MSS2), Microsoft Photo Story (WVP2)|
|.mpg .vob .m2v .mp2||MPEG-2||MPEG-2||–|
|.avi||A/V Interleave||XVID, DIVX, HDV, MiniDV (DV25), Techsmith Camtasia, Huffyuv, Fraps, Panasonic DVCPro||Indeo3 (IV30), MJPEG, Microsoft Video 1 (MS-CRAM)|
|.webm||WebM||Google VP8, VP9||–|
|.ogv .ogg||Ogg||Theora, VP3, Dirac||–|
|.mxf||MXF||Sony XDCAM, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Panasonic DVCPro||–|
|.r3d .rm||Red Raw Video||MJPEG 2000|
|.ram .rm||RealVideo||**UNSUPPORTED**||Real G2 (RV20), Real 8 (RV30), Real 10 (RV40)|
|.mj2||Motion JPEG2000||Motion JPEG 2000 Codec||–|
Just like the video formats, VIDIZMO supports a range of audio files using the FFmpeg or Microsoft Azure Media Encoder:
VIDIZMO’s FFmpeg Encoder
Microsoft Azure Media Encoder
– MXF, GXF, and QuickTime files, which have audio tracks with interleaved stereo or 5.1 sample
– MXF, GXF, and QuickTime files where the audio is carried as separate PCM tracks but the channel mapping (to stereo or 5.1) can be deduced from the file metadata
– MPEG Layer 2
– MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3)
– Windows Media Audio
– FLAC (Native Flac, Free Lossless Audio Codec)
– AMR (adaptive multi-rate)
VIDIZMO supports integration with a broad range of video conferencing systems, including traditional systems such as Cisco TelePresence and Polycom RealPresence as well as contemporary online meeting tools like Skype for Business, Teams, Cisco Webex, Zoom, BlueJeans and Go-To-Meeting.
To learn more, click on the following links:
Here’s how VIDIZMO provides interoperability with Polycom RealPresence video conferencing.
- Any SCORM 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2004 3rd Edition and 2004 4th Edition Compliant Content
- Adobe Captivate
The media Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) can specify an mms, rtsp, or ms-wmsp moniker. If the URI specifies the mms scheme, the Player attempts to stream the file first. If the file cannot be streamed, it downloads the file progressively. If the media URI specifies another scheme, such as http or https, the Player attempts a progressive download first. If that fails, the Player attempts to stream the file.
- Microsoft Word files (*.doc, *.docx, *.rtf, *.txt, *.wri, *.log)
- Microsoft Excel files (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlw, *.xlc)
- Microsoft PowerPoint files (*.ppt, *.pptx, *.pps)
- HTML files (*.htm, *.html, *.shtm, *.shtml, *.mht, *.mhtml)
- Adobe PDF files (*.pdf)
- PostScript files (*.ps)
- AutoCAD files (*.dwg, *.dxf)
- Any other printable documents
All of these documents are converted into a JPEG format after upload, which takes an average of 30-60 sec/page to convert.
Supported Video/Audio Protocols
The media Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) can specify an MMS, RTSP, RTP, or MS-WMSP. If the URI specifies the mms scheme, the Player attempts to stream the file first. If the file cannot be streamed, it downloads the file progressively. If the media URI specifies another scheme, such as http or https, the Player attempts a progressive download first. If that fails, the Player attempts to stream the file.
- Handouts are special files that author can associate with an interactive video presentation for viewers to download. VIDIZMO supports all the file formats when it comes to handouts. The author can attach files of any type, size, or format in this section.
For Trial Accounts
- Total size of the files being uploaded in a batch cannot exceed 1 GB. For example, if user selects 4 files, 300 MB each, to be uploaded simultaneously, VIDIZMO will not allow the upload to proceed. However upload will proceed if user chooses 3 files of 300 MB in a batch.
For Paid Accounts
- There’s no limit for users with paid accounts. To sign up or convert an existing trial account into paid account, please visit Pricing page